- Name: Ashish Sachdeva
- Occupation: Businessman
- Age: 46 years
- Height: 5’9.5”
- City: Rewari, Haryana
- Highest weight recorded: 139.90 Kg
- Weight loss: 60.9 Kgs
- Duration it took me to lose weight: 2.5 years
“When I connected with spirituality through the Art of Living, it changed my worldview, values, and approach to life.I started meditating and discovered my weaknesses, which helped me realize many things about myself. Spirituality made a major embark in my weight loss journey.”
The turning point: 21 June, 2010 (Leaving alcohol)
While Sachdeva put in his efforts to lose weight, the journey was not easy. “Lowest point during my transformation journey was when I hit the plateau and despite all my efforts I barely lost 1 kg weight in 10 months. Dealing with the lowest phase of life was the biggest challenge but it’s important to remember that difficult times are a part of the human experience.” Eventually, his efforts started yielding incredible results. Here is everything about the process:
What are the lifestyle changes you made?
The main two things which I focus on are :
1. Early to bed early to rise
2. No to junk food & sugar
Diet behind this incredible transformation
- My breakfast: 4 egg whites + 2 whole eggs & oats/poha/green dal cheela
- My lunch: salad + fruits + 1 bowl of seasonal veggies + 1 bowl of curd
- My dinner: 4 egg whites +2 whole eggs + 2 multigrain rotis with 1 bowl of veggies/dal +salads (7:00 pm)
- Pre-workout meal: Rice cake and peanut butter
- Post- workout meal: Protein shake + nuts
- What you eat on your cheat days: Anything and everything (except sugar)
Additionally, Sachdeva shares some low-calorie dishes he swears by:
- Air fried kofta cooked with 1 tablespoon of mustard oil
- Oats idli with coconut chutney
- Vegetable khichdi
- Vegetable porridge
- Indian pancakes made of sprouted whole moong/ dals with vegetable stuffing
- Oats roti with vegetable raita
Sachdeva’s workout routine involves 3-4 days of strength training, 1-2 days of cardiovascular workout (cycling & running) and 1 day for stretching/yoga.
Fitness secrets you learned
Apart from regularly working out, Sachdeva emphasizes on the importance of rest, recovery and sleep for our bodies. “I think active recovery is a great tool that helps you to keep moving throughout the day.”
How do you stay motivated?
“The connection with the almighty keeps me motivated, alive and keeps me going everyday. I stay motivated by inculcating a positive attitude towards everything in life. I believe that everything is achievable only when you have a strong determination. I have good listening skills, I try to learn the positive aspects of every person around me, which helps me in making new habits everyday.”
How do you ensure you don’t lose focus?
“I have a strong belief system in myself. I set SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-Bound) goals for myself and with a disciplined attitude towards my personal and professional goals, I try to achieve them. Hindrances are there in everybody’s path, but one has to accept that time will not be the same and one has to bring his own time with his/her dedication and hard work.”
If you have a weight loss story to share, send it to us at [email protected]. These views are not generic in nature. Weight loss results vary for individuals and the views shared in this article offer no guarantee of specific results. The content is not intended in any way as a substitute for professional advice.